On Monday 3rd August, Daniel Andrews, Premier of Victoria announced tougher Stage 4 restrictions for greater metropolitan Melbourne. Following this, the Victorian Government has provided more details on these restrictions and what they mean for our business. We can advise that we meet the criteria set out by the Victorian Government to continue to manufacture and supply our products under the following exceptions:
- Telecommunications Infrastructure
- Goods and material necessary for or related to supporting defence or security industry
- Manufacturing to support the residential building industry
- Manufacturing to support critical infrastructure and public works
- Services to support ongoing provision of electricity, gas, water, sewage and waste and recycling services and their maintenance.
- Construction of critical and essential infrastructure and services to support these projects
As such, under our strict COVID-19 safe plan, our Oakleigh manufacturing facility and National Distribution Centre (warehouse) will stay open albeit with a reduction in staff by two thirds. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through getting all orders despatched as we continue to service you in the best possible way under the circumstances and continuing to manufacture and supply our proudly Australian made products.
Please also be advised that as part of our COVID-19 safe plan, we would like to remind everyone that we are not accepting any visitors to any of our facilities under any circumstances.
We will continue to seek guidance from public health officials and government agencies as the situation unfolds and will keep you updated as required. We thank you for your continued support and should you require additional information please do not hesitate to contact customer service on (03) 8574 8888 or your local representative.
I wish you and your families all the very best and please keep safe at this time.
General Manager, ASSA ABLOY Opening Solutions Australia